Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hype, what hype?

From: nbc%INF.RL.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 90 17:43:45 GMT
Subject: Hype, what hype?

>From: Scott.A.C.McIntyre%exeter.ac.uk@NSFnet-Relay.AC.UK
>Subject: HELP in GB!
>There are a lot of Kateisms that I can pass along here...pretty clsoe
>to the source and all.  You should see the hype!  She really has a
                                            ****
>following here!

Well, I certainly would. However, I am rather confused as to just
what you mean by hype? Since the album release there have
been about half a dozen interviews in magazines and newspapers, a
short piece on Rapido and one song on Wogan. Kate has made no public
appearances to promote the album and the advertising campaign has
not exactly set the World alight. Considering the gap between the
last album the response has been quite understated. In the period
between Expt. IV and The Sensual World there was barely any mention
of Kate in the press or on TV.

Radio plays for the singles (or any album tracks) have not set any
records (no pun intended) nor has the video been blazing a trail
across our screens. I have managed to see about 1 minute of the
video for This Woman's Work, and about 20 seconds of The Sensual World
video! (MTV may not be wonderful - but at least they show the videos).

Be seeing you,
              Neil

P.S. Welcome the country - you get used to us after a while :-)