Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Too erotiKate?

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 90 14:01:53 EST
Subject: Too erotiKate?
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

> [Jon Drukman:] What you are referring to is the performance that
> Kate did on the British chat show _Wogan_.  MTV showed that one
> instead of the official EMI video because a) they are morons b) they
> claimed it had "no lip syncing" and they didn't like to show videos
> of unknown artists without lip sync c) it was too erotic for their
> puerile minds.  (Pick one or more of the above list)

I don't think selection "(c)" has much validity.  I told this
hypothesis to Peter Morris of Homeground before the official word
about lip-synching came out.  Peter Morris seems to have latched on to
my original hypothesis, but I can see no evidence for it in
retrospect.  The only reason I ever had this hypothesis was because I
couldn't think of any other possible reason.  The real lip-synching
reason is just too ludicrous for my completely rational mind to have
come up with.

|>oug

"X is for XERXES devoured by mice"