Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_Radio & Records_ New Rock top 30

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 90 14:34:16 PST
Subject: _Radio & Records_ New Rock top 30

Maxell has an ad in the January issue of _Request_ in which they
reprint the New Rock Top 30 from _Radio & Records_ magazine.  This
list is "based on national airplay of radio's most adventurous
radio stations."

Kate Bush:  _The Sensual World_ is Number One.

Interestingly, three of the top ten albums on this list are Columbia.
I can't remember if Sire/Reprise is a CBS label or not.  If it is, then
CBS Records has an incredible six of the top ten albums on this list!

In this issue of _Request_, there's a short article about _Requiem for
the Americas -- Songs From the Lost World_ by Jonathan Elias.  The writer
says that this album is "reminiscent of recent recordings by Kate Bush and
Peter Gabriel."

By the way, if anybody misses Tim Maroney, he has been posting lately to
rec.music.misc.  Somebody wants to set up a newsgroup devoted to Pink
Floyd, and Maroney opposes it because he thinks it will end up like
.gaffa.  "I like Kate Bush," he says in his latest posting, "but I
stopped reading .gaffa because --", and here he starts his usual
complaints.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov