Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 90 02:16:32 EST

To: att!rec-music-gaffa
From: nrc@cbnews.ATT.COM (neal.r.caldwell..ii)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: KT on MTV
Date: 6 Jan 90 07:16:25 GMT

At about 2 AM Eastern time MTV played a Kate Bush "Rock Block" consisting
of "Love and Anger" and "The Big Sky" videos.  Frantic efforts to get my VCR
ready (at the end of the VH1 interview) in hopes that they would play something
I hadn't seen or didn't have on video were fruitless since I have "The Whole
Story" video.

What I was really hoping for was one of the other Sensual World videos or
maybe the performance video of "Running Up That Hill".  I'm not sure where
this one originated but it was one of my earliest pre-enlightened Kate
exposures.  MTV showed it a few times late at night instead of the video
for "Running Up That Hill" found on "The Whole Story" video.  It featured
Kate in (I think) a long brown coat, lip syncing and at the end very
gracefully drawing a bow.  I'd love to see this again.  >sigh<

I was more than a little disappointed since I wasn't aware that a "Rock
Block" consisted of a mere two videos.

(Hey does anyone have Kate images in something besides Sun raster format?)

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          nrc@cbnews
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          (614) 860-2206