Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mailbag

From: chris@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: 27 Dec 89 07:26:50 GMT
Subject: Mailbag
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: daemon@eddie.mit.edu (Mr Background)

he midst of filming "Revolution" with Donald Sutherland. Did
 he and Kate talk on the plane?) Finally us and one other couple were the only
 people waiting. We asked if they were waiting for Kate. They looked at us
 funny and moved away. Finally Kate and Del came out. We talked for a bit.
 I told them we drove from Kansas City, half-way across the country, and Del
 said "what intrepid fans!" Kate's honesty has been batted around on the net.
 Well, one thing that she very definitely lies about is her height. She is tiny.
 Very tiny. And she was wearing heels. I gave her the most recent edit of "The
 Infant Kiss" and they got into a grey limo with the couple from EMI. We saw
 Kate and Del several times later that week - outside of radio stations and at
 the Tower Records signing. We also talked to Cynthia Freidland, the producer
 of "Night Flight", and she invited us to see the interview being taped for
 "NF", "Radio 1990" and "Heartlight City" at United Video. We sat on a couch
 at the back of the control room with Kate's brother John. The picture was
 astounding and the sound guys were total fools. Well, that's our tale.
 She is a truly nice person. It is always a pleasant surprise when you meet
 someone you admire and find them friendly as well. I've been a big fan of
 Todd Rundgren for 16 years and on the "30 second" times I've met him I haven't
 gotten a civil word out of him yet. I still love his music and admire him.
 Damm shame he's an arrogant jerk, it really is.

                                       Chris of
                                         Chris'n'Vickie