Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Merry Xmas

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 89 19:25:28 EST
Subject: Merry Xmas
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

|>oug is going on vacation for two weeks to blasphemously celebrate
the birth of a false prophet (the one and only true prophet being
Kate, of course, and the most holy of days being Katemas).

Furthermore, |>oug will thankfully be far away from the reach of any
computers, and will not be able to supervise the mailing list.  He
will consequently be putting Love-Hounds and rec.music.gaffa on
autopilot for the next two weeks.  |>oug has been moderating by hand
the submissions from rec.music.gaffa, by the way, for the past month
because of problems with duplicate messages.  The duplicate messages
seem to have died down, so hopefully this will not pose too much of a
problem.

To add some more wrinkles to the story, today |>oug upgraded
GAFFA.MIT.EDU to a computer that is several times faster.
Unfortuntely, who knows whether all this fancy automated software
still works....  I suppose we shall see.  If it doesn't, I suppose you
all will have to do without Love-Hounds and rec.music.gaffa for the
next two weeks.  If something really bad happens, like an infinite
mail loop that causes the same message to get posted 100,000 times,
please send mail to "bug-eddie@eddie.mit.edu" and ask someone to
unplug GAFFA.MIT.EDU, which should do a good job of fixing the
problem.

I'll see you all, once again in Kate-atonic bliss, early next decade!