Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More on that damned chair of Doug's...

From: stewarte@sco.COM (little electric god)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 89 18:23:30 -0800
Subject: More on that damned chair of Doug's...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

JROSSI@AAMRL.AF.MIL will no doubt deny ever having said:

>Now, we can also cloud this assertion by invoking mass
>hysteria, mass drug induced halucination or some other mechanism in which
>all the people are mislead by their perceptions.  However, in the case
>of Doug's chair we have an independent system which can be used to
>coroborate the factness of red.  We can use any number of photo spectral
>analyzers to independently verify the nature of the radiations from
>Doug's chair.

I see.  And how do we, all suffering from this cloud of faulty perception,
read the instruments?  For that matter, if we've always suffered from
this cloud, how (or rather, why) would we ever design such an instrument
in the first place?  Suppose that humans, like some animals, were all
color-blind.  We'd have no concept of color.  Would it still exist as
a phenomenon?  Would it matter whether it did or not?  Imagine the one
person in the world who could see in color, trying to describe what he
or she saw to those who only knew shapes & light...such a person would
surely be described as mad.

Hmmm...I seem to have digressed from what was already a tangent.

-- Stewart

--
"Don't forget this shit."
			 -- James Blood Ulmer