Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Well, I think...

From: Her ways were ways of pleasantness and all her paths of peace <BABOOSHKA@nuacc.acns.nwu.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 89 16:00 CST
Subject: Well, I think...

...that TSW is a pretty damn good album.  Ok, a pretty damn terrific album!

Yes, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed at first.  But repeated listenings
have made me appreciate it.  I still believe in the superiority of The Ninth
Wave, but that doesn't mean that I can't adore TSW on its own merits, as a
new work from our Kate.
She's exploring similar themes to some she's done before--human relationships,
for example, and the dichotomy of the human experience (Reaching Out).  Then
there's the historical thing (anyone remember a little ditty called Houdini?)
in Heads We're Dancing.  Rocket's Tail is, for me, very reminiscent of Night
of the Swallow.  Hmm...do we feel like this album reminds us more of The Dream-
ing than any other?  I know that I, too, have a love-hate-awe relationship
with that album.

More observations later....

Lizooshka