Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Is Doug's chair really red?

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 89 18:24:03 EST
Subject: Re: Is Doug's chair really red?
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

> [John Rossi:] Although this is semantically similar to his
> postulation that agreement on quality of subjective experience also
> constitutes "truth", it is, indeed, quite different.

I was not attempting to definie "truth" or "fact" -- I was pointing
out the *actual* phenomenon people seem to refer to when they use the
words "truth" and "fact".  In actuality, there is no truth and there
are no facts.

> As for the days of the uncivilized flaming in this group.  I think that
> commentary here was more interesting when it included obnoxious
> remarks by the likes of Wicinski and Hofmann.

Yeah, it was.  Too bad the bozos left.

> Has it really been almost 4 years?

More than that!  Good to have you back, John.

|>oug

"P is for PRUE trampled flat in a brawl"