Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: marvicK TaKes ouT The sTeel balls...sTrawberries? sTrawberries?!?

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 89 19:21:29 EST
Subject: Re: marvicK TaKes ouT The sTeel balls...sTrawberries? sTrawberries?!?

This is the last one.  I promise.  Again.

In article <8912072131.AA23954@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> IED0DXM@OAC.UCLA.EDU writes:
>Drukman's remarks
>on the other hand smack of a cool, detached--in short, _smug_--attitude.
>The attitude of one who knows nothing but does not _realize_ it. Ergo,
>IED's word "supercilious". IED thinks there's a big distinction.

Of course I'm detached.  It's only music, after all.  And anyway, I've
known for a long time that the only true knowledge can be the
knowledge that you don't know anything.  Ergo, no distinction.

>     Hey! At that time Doug had shut down Love-Hounds for many weeks,
>and there was no indication that he would ever fix whatever was
>wrong and start it up again. And you know that as well as IED, Jon.

Well, one of us isn't remembering the events of that time properly.
I was fairly sure that love-hounds was on its feet, but very
intermittently.  There was nothing wrong with it, other than the lack
of willingness on the part of the moderator to moderate it.  However,
this was a bit of a cheap shot, and I apologize for descending to
"negative campaigning."

>     Hey! Did you people see that huge DOR cloud in the sky last
>night, emanating straight from Drukman's place? DOR ALERT! DOR ALERT!
>Break out the cloudbusters, fellow Orgonotical Engineers!

Careful observers of the atmosphere would realize that the DOR cloud
was placed such that it could not have arisen from my place, and that
chasing it, coming directly from my apartment was a gorgeous cloud
of bright blue positive orgones.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      "Suck on this,                     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |       planet of noise bimbo!"           |