Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate-echism XXIX.12.ii

From: n8344141@unicorn.wwu.edu (paul carpentier)
Date: 4 Dec 89 17:36:19 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate-echism XXIX.12.ii
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8912030003.AA17789@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> IED0DXM@OAC.UCLA.EDU writes:

>     Drukman responds to Neil Calton's posting thus:
> > I am not Dan Quayle (at least I wasn't last time I checked...
> > Besides, if you're so clever, how come the laugh ain't in the video or
> > on the CD or cassette single?
>
>The _only_
>positive data we have about the placement of the laugh is to
>be found in the _British_ edition of the CD. It constitutes the sole
>legitimate source of information any of us has to go on. And _it_
>connects the laugh with _Love_and_Anger_.

We already know what :>oug thinks, so to avoid any controversial discussion
that may otherwise follow, why not do Love-Hounds one and all a favor and
believe the following:

When I interviewed Kate, she said that JC had this novel idea about using
a laugh track as the beginning and end of two different songs.  The laugh
appears as the end of "Love and Anger" and the beginning of "The Fog".  It
was recorded backwards and inserted into the tape machine sideways, using
a mike in an arcane string-wood instrument from the Middle East made popular
in Werner Herzog/Hammer ventures.  If CBS wasn't run by brain-dead idiots,
it would have been released properly, as in the UK, where the laugh alternates
with each play as to which track it belongs.

Fighting Truth, Justice, and the American Way,
Paul M Carpentier