Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_The Sensual World_ chart progress in Australia

From: munnari!lennon.austek.oz.au!kwood@uunet.UU.NET (Ken Wood)
Date: 25 Nov 89 08:12:55 GMT
Subject: _The Sensual World_ chart progress in Australia
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Until this morning I'd just about given up hope of ever seeing TSW in
either the album or singles charts. I was afraid EMI's apparently
nonexistent promotion had doomed the album to obscurity in this
country. To date I've heard _Love and Anger_ once on the local
"college" radio station, and nothing at all on the major mainstream FM
station, SA FM.

This morning I checked the charts for the first time in a couple of
weeks and there it was ! Here's what I found out:

Australian Record Industry Association (ARIA) top 50 (a national chart)
	November 19

Singles		44 (re-entry)
Albums		30 this week, 46 last week (with a bullet)

SA FM top 30 (a local chart)
	November 23

Singles		nothing
Albums		nothing
Compact Disks	26 this week, 17 last week

The title track is the only single released so far in Australia.

This is pretty mediocre chart performance for an artist of KT's
standing, but is probably reasonable considering the amount of
promotion EMI haven't done, and the fact that the local charts are
usually dominated by bands like _Poison_, _Whitesnake_ and (gag) _Bon
Jovi_ !

More next week, if anything exciting happens.

--
Ken Wood, Austek Microsystems, Technology Park, Adelaide, SA 5095, Australia
INTERNET:  kwood@austek.oz.au  UUCP: uunet.uu.net!munnari!austek.oz.au!kwood