Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Watching You Without Me

From: James Smith <munnari!cc.nu.oz.au!CCJS@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 19:52 -1000
Subject: Re: Watching You Without Me

From: CCJS@cc.nu.oz (James Smith)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 13 Nov 89 19:52:08 -1000

Don't ignore don't ignore me, let me in and don't be long.

Jon Drukman writes:

> However, this answer is
> totally unsatisfactory!  Where the KBC claims the last phrase is
> "and don't be long" the music seems to have an extra syllable that
> just can't be accounted for with this ridiculous phrase!  In Joe's
> theory, the wording was "I'm alone here now" - the problem is that
> "alone" has the nice unstressed/stressed pattern that the music has,
> and "and don't" doesn't have enough syllables to cover.

Try stretching the 'me' to two syllables.  It works.

Jim

P.S. No offence meant.  I have a terrible habit of playing
devil's advocate.

--
James Smith          | When a man fell into his anecdotage
Computing Centre     | it was a sign for him to retire from