Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jessica's 12" singles

From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 89 18:43:58 EST
Subject: Re: Jessica's 12" singles

lazlo@ARIEL.UNM.EDU (Lazlo Nibble):
>> Ummm...on the 12" that I have of "The Big Sky", the B side has "Not
>> This Time" and a special single mix of "The Big Sky". Looking at it,
>> I don't find any reference to the 12KB 4 that you mention, instead
>> it is labelled V-19213.

>> I'm guessing that this a later pressing since the inside sleeve is
>> one of those annoying plastic sleeves that I normally throw out and
>> replace with a real paper one.

> Is this pressing Canadian?  I don't remember there being a US 12" for
> "The Big Sky" but [V-xxxxx] is the standard EMI catalog-number format
> for 12"ers on *this* side of the pond.  The US "Cloudbusting" is
> V-19258, which would, in a more perfect world, imply that your "Big
> Sky" 12" predates it . . . huh!

Well the record label says EMI America on it so I assume it's an
American release, but the V-xxxxx, as you say, could be the give
away to a Canadian release. Hmmm...I've never been able to find
the "Cloudbursting" 12" (but would love to - likewise with the
"Hounds" 12"; I've heard the alternative mix of it and Really Like
it!).

> EMI: Get these mixes out on CD, you pathetic dweebs!  (Actually, if
> "Be Kind To My Mistakes" really turns up on the next CD-single, I'll
> stop whining for awhile.)

No shit!

woj --- woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu