Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: victoro@crash.cts.com (Victor O'Rear)
Date: Tue Nov 7 01:17:53 1989

From: victoro@crash.cts.com (Victor O'Rear)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: KT logo, Love & Anger video & TIME
Date: 7 Nov 89 09:17:51 GMT

In article <37636@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> ed@das.UUCP (Edward Suranyi) writes:
>In article <8911040112.AA08953@uf.msc.umn.edu> mpp@UF.MSC.UMN.EDU (Mike Pritchard") writes:
>>
>>I saw the "Love & Anger" video on MTV last night (around 11:30 CST).
>>anyone know what kind of rotation they have it in?
>>

>For heaven's sake, you seem to have been among the first to see this
>video!  Nobody else has posted that they've seen it, and neither IED
>nor Vickie Mapes had seen it when I told them about your posting last
>night.  So for Kate's sake, will you (or somebody else who was lucky
>enough to see it) please describe it!!!
As I sit, awaiting the arrival of MY KT posters (one for me, one for a
friend, one for another..), I checked MTV and heard:

(Hmm, let me check my stereo/dolby VHS copy...)

"But now check out the new one from Kate Bush, who was discovered at the
tender age of sixteen by Pink Floyd's gitarist David Gilmore who orginized
and financed her demo tapes that led to her first record deal...
She has produced siz criticly acclaimed albums, of which the latest is
"The Sensual World" was released late last month, the first video "Love &
Anger" showcases Kate's dramatic performance style, which of course
incorporates dance, mime, and magic.  And on gitar, her old friend David
Gilmore. Here's Kate Bush with Love and Anger..." Adam Curry "Now Hear This!"

Drum beats join reflected light and Kate's words bring her into view kneeling
in a pool of white light.  She's dressed in a snug black, sleeveless gown and
our viewpoint pivots around her from her left, behind her and then facing her.
As she faces us, and continues rotating, a sparkling rain showers the pool of
light as she tosses her hair and head to the words "Tell you what I'm feel'n"
As she/we rotate around to face her - she twists and begins to stand.  The
scene dissolves to gold, bejewled chains being poured from her hand and the
closeups of a staff and sceptar and we then see that she is holding. Seven
we are treated by the view of a proud kate, her hair tossed by the emotion
of her words.  In the closeups we she her earings, long black combinations
of beads - that might be more.  The women receed into the darkness and Kate
is left to stand alone in the pool until men wearing tall red hats spirial
in and surround Kate.

After some wonderful closeups of Kate - Ghod she looks good - she is caried
onto stage by band members and we have the manditory MTV closeups of
preforming band members and the video closes with Kate throwing sparkles
at us with "Yeah!"

(I vote for the Yeah! as my favorite sound on "The Sensual World" {I think
I'll make it my system beep!} with her first round of humming as my second
choice.)

And I couldn't say it better then "Yeah! That was Kate Bush..."

|  Victor O'Rear {hplabs!hp-sdd, cbosgd, ucsd, nosc.mil}!crash!victoro       |
|  USnail: P.O. Box 3972, La Mesa, California  92044, United States of America|
|  mil : crash!victoro@nosc.ARPA and work: (619) 571-1222                    |
|  "Fools, Idiots! Don't they realize that they are dealing with forces      |
|        beyond comprehension!" - "Doctor Science"                            |