Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission

From: reynhout@wpi.wpi.edu (Andrew Reynhout)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 89 03:50:56 EST
Subject: Submission

   After listening to The Fog six or ten (hundred) times now, something
occurred to me:  Right after daddy says "Just put your feet down child" the
SECOND time, there are seagulls mixed in.  I heard it and immediately connected
it to Watching You Without Me (where the seagulls occur in the last 30sec or
so of the song, just before KT lunges into the "Talk to me Listen to me Talk to
me" weirdness.)
   The odd thing, though, is that they sound IDENTICAL, with a higher eq on
about 4khz (on The Fog).  Any comments?

   <Not sure what, if anything, this MEANS...it's just interesting.>

   Oh, by the way...I have my TSW cd here at college, and was dubbing it to
cassette so I could listen to it at home (my cd player is here.) over the
weekend.  I decided to put HoL on the reverse side, just for kicks.
   The seagulls appear (on opposite sides, of course, within 15seconds of
each other.  Unfortunately, the PLAYING side has them 15sec AFTER the reverse
side, so to hear it you have to listen on side A, hit auto-reverse, rewind a
short bit, and then listen to them on side B.

   (I found this amusing, but quickly grew tired of destroying the effect of
Watching You Without Me by cutting it like that.  (WYWM is without a doubt my
all time favorite KT (and therefore all-around) song.)

   Andrew