Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK. and KT NEWS

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 89 11:17 PST
Subject: MisK. and KT NEWS

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick (IED)

     First, this little trivium:
 >> On _Sat_in_your_Lap_ b/w _Lord_of_the_Reedy_River_ (1981 English 7"),
 >>side A says "Well Done J.B.  1st Dan".  Side B says "Thank You Donovan"
 >                        ----
 >
 >                     John Carder Bush, I presume?

     Yes, that has always been IED's understanding--especially when
you consider that John Carder Bush has a "first dan" in karate.

KT NEWS:
--------

     The new Kate Bush Club Newsletter has finally arrived. (IED's
copy is still in the mail, but Mike Butler very kindly described it
to IED on the phone last night.) It's no longer than earlier KCBNs,
but it does have a bunch of completely exclusive new photographs,
including a couple of Kate with the Trio B. outdoors. The article
by Kate is minimal, and says mainly that she tried discussing the
songs but found herself simply quoting the lyrics, so decided the
best thing was to be interviewed, so this is followed by an interview
by an outside music journalist (IED forgets which, offhand). In it
she is asked will she tour, and she replies with quintessential Bush
ambivalence and ambiguity. The upshot is that it would have to be fun
for her to want to do it, and that she's beginning to think that it
might be made fun, so that the answer is: she doesn't know. Hey, at
least that's not nearly as negative a response as we've read in the
most recent print interviews.
     There's an article by Paddy in which (irony of ironies) he thanks
an _unidentified_ Dutch person for giving them a tape of Macedonian
music which they ended up using (very loosely) for _The_Sensual_World_,
and asking the Dutchman to get in touch with them so that they can
give him credit! Seems this Dutch bastard just couldn't keep his
mouth shut long enough, but had to go and accuse Kate of "fraud"
the second he heard the song. IED bets he regrets his nasty-mindedness
now! And apparently he never made his bloody identity clear to the
Bushes anyway!
     And there's an article by Del about the miking on the new album.
     And then

                           FINALLY

                                                  after _four_years_

the _solution_ to the _secret_message_ in _Watching_You_Without_Me_
has been revealed! No, no-one seems to have solved it--there were
no winners. Instead a lot of people got the first eight words (IED
and MarK T. Ganzer were the first Love-Hounds to come up with these
eight words correctly, and IED damn well takes credit for this now!),
but _nobody_ got the last four. Nobody. At least a dozen wrong but
funny versions are re-printed in the Newsletter, and then the correct
answer is given. And it is--

                              naww, IED thinks he'll leave you all in
suspense another day.

-- Andrew Marvick
   P.S.: There is also a _new_ Club T-shirt for sale through the KBC.
It's a black t-shirt with gold lettering, and it costs 9 Pounds (not
counting a hefty overseas postage fee, which is not specified--overseas
orderers are asked to write for specifics about postage to their
location).