Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 89 9:25:21 PST

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Cloudbusting -- The video, a question
Date: 2 Nov 89 17:25:21 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

In article <8911021607.AA19567@mina.ida.liu.se> abj@IDA.LiU.SE (Andreas Bjorklind) writes:

>In the Cloudbusting video KaTe picks up a book from The Scientist's
>pocket, looks at it, and then puts it back in the pocket again.
>  I managed to see the title: "The Book of Dreams" (?), but failed
>to identify the author.
>
>Now, is there anyone out there who could confirm the title and add the
>author? Perhaps YOU even know if it's a Real book, or one made of
>clouds...

Not again.  The book is by Peter Reich, the son of Wilhelm Reich, the
inventor of orgone therapy.  "Cloudbusting" was based on this book; hence
its appearance in the video.  "The Scientist", as you called him, is
Wilhelm Reich; Kate plays Peter in the video.

A couple of months ago there was a lot of discussion of this song, so
I'm not going to repeat it.  Kate has described the story line in many
interviews.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        |     "Bush is an acquired taste worth
Dept. of Applied Science   |              cultivating."
UC Davis/Livermore         |                 -- _People_ magazine
ed@das.llnl.gov            |        (in review of _The Dreaming_)