Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The album's cover + Melody Maker

From: drivax!liberato@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Jimmy Liberato)
Date: 31 Oct 89 14:13:20 GMT
Subject: Re: The album's cover + Melody Maker
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

 hplabs!brian@hpfcdj.hp.com (Brian Rauchfuss) writes:

> ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato (Jimmy Liberato) writes:

>>Everyone to whom I've shown the cover comments on the "psychotic stare"
>>(or words to those effect).  It certainly is cold...

>I certainly would not have described that stare as "cold", I would tend
>towards "intense".  "Psychotic"?  You're crazy.

Perhaps.  The "psychotic" comment was not exactly mine, however.  It was
an unprompted response from 11 of 16 people unfamiliar with Kate (never
heard of her).  What do they know anyway. :-)   I notice only a cold
sterness.  The photograph is interesting, however.  The sleepy-eyed
chubby Kate (circa _The_Dreaming_) I think of as "sensual."  My opinion!

This is kind of a worthless thread to maintain, anyway.  Let's go listen
to RT!

By the way, has anyone else altered the play order on their "listening
tape?"  This is the first time I've felt the need to do that.

Another good thing: even the reviews that are blazingly incompetent tend
to be quite positive.
--
Jimmy Liberato   ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato