Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Midwest Sensualized

From: Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 89 13:08:50 -0500
Subject: Midwest Sensualized

Well, with all the reviews coming in from around the world,
I am happy to announce that even Champaign, IL is taking
notice of KT's latest.  In the Daily Illini student-run (University
of IL) newspaper, there appeared a review of the album and
a three star rating.  I will transcribe the review at a later
date, but what impressed me even more was that at the three
campus town record stores, The Sensual World placed, respectively,
4th, 5th, and 5th in sales this week.  This is UNPRECEDENTED!
Although I have yet to hear any of the songs on the radio,
I really believe that this will be Kate's *breakthru* album in
America.  One has only to hope that people will be curious enough
to dig deeper into her repertoire than just TSW.
			        			.

						"No pinky ring hustlers,
						 No sabre-tooth neighbours"