Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

lyrics question about "Never Be Mine"

From: keving%gaffa.wpd.sgi.com@sgi.sgi.com (Kevin Gurney)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 89 00:58:08 PDT
Subject: lyrics question about "Never Be Mine"

So like this complete Kate neophyte friend of mine was listening to the new
cd over my shoulder and noticed this little bit of strangeness in
"Never Be Mine":

	"The smell of burning fields
	 Will now mean you and here."

At first I thought she must have meant to write "you _ARE_ here", but no,
she actually sings "you and here". What does this mean? We guess that she
means
	"Will now mean 'you' and 'here'"

as in "the burning fields remind me of both you and this place."

Other opinions?

--
"See how the child reaches out instinctively
  to feel how fire will feel"

keving@gaffa.wpd.sgi.com