Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Background lyrics in "Reaching Out"

From: Julian Cowley <julian@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 89 11:49:42-1000
Subject: Background lyrics in "Reaching Out"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Does anybody have any idea what the background voices are
singing in "Reaching Out" in the part right before the chorus?
To me it sounds like "Jahweh", which would fit in with the theme
of the album, I suppose.  Is the song about reaching out for
religious enlightenment?

ps. Combine this with the last line of the song, "Reaching out for
Mama", and we have an allusion to Jahweh as a feminine entity.
No wonder she says the album is essentially from a feminine
perspective :-).

julian@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
julian@uhccux.bitnet