Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TSW was discussed on NPR's "All Things Considered"

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 89 23:36:23 PDT
Subject: TSW was discussed on NPR's "All Things Considered"

I caught the tail end of today's edition of "All Things Considered"
on National Public Radio.  Imagine my surprise when I realized they
were discussing _The Sensual World_!

Naturally, they couldn't interview Kate, so instead they interviewed
a senior editor of _Rolling Stone_ whose name I've forgotten.  This
guy actually seemed quite knowledgeable, and it was clear that he
really liked Kate's music.  Parts of several tracks were played.
This bodes very well for a future article in _Rolling Stone_.

Unfortunately I wasn't at home when I heard this, so I couldn't
tape it.  I would have liked to post a transcript.  (In fact, I
was in the middle of a horrendous traffic jam when I heard this.
That eased my nerves considerably.)

I remember that the last thing he said, when he was discussing
reasons why Kate does so much better in England than here in America,
was, "If Madonna is the Material Girl, then Kate Bush could be
considered the Ethereal Girl."

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        |"Kate Bush:  Needs more exposure in the United
Dept. of Applied Science   |     States, but a magnificent talent."
UC Davis/Livermore         |                 -- Robert Hilburn,
ed@das.llnl.gov            |                    _Los Angeles Times_