Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Convent I Know Of

From: Douglas MacGowan <MACGOWAN@NIC.DDN.MIL>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 89 08:27:10 PDT
Subject: No Convent I Know Of

>Listening to _The_Sensual_World_ is rather like entering a
>cathedral, which makes a change from her earlier records,
>which often felt like entering a convent.

Obviously this guy missed something, or he is not very familiar with
convents.  "The Dreaming" is comparable only to waking up from
electro-shock therapy in a madhouse.

I have listened to the new album several times, and I think it is too
early to make any kind of blanket statement.  As with most of Kate's
albums, the infection is slow, and it takes repeated listenings to
become comepletely spellbound.  Songs that I didn't like at first,
like "Rocket's Tail" or "Love and Anger", are starting to creep up on
me as I go about my daily routine.

I think the poll idea would be better about six months down the road.

Douglas MacGowan
MACGOWAN@NIC.DDN.MIL

"He thought he was gonna die - but he didn't!"
-------