Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

at last...

From: jw@math.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 89 15:28:24 EDT
Subject: at last...

Among the first things I did upon arriving in Boston was to head for the
Coop in Kendall Square and burst through the record department turnstiles
screaming "Where iS iT? Where iS iT?"

I tarried long enough to pick up a case of blank tapes, and as I bent over
to collect them I heard the unmistakeable sound of bells...

Yes indeed, TSW was playing _as_I_bought_ TSW.  The cashier confirmed that
stock was moving fast.

And by the way, anyone notice that slightly-hard-to-hear word we couldn't
figure out at first, dropped in right between "arrows of desire" and
"the speech"? :-)