Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Times interview (among other things)

From: "The Radio Gnome" <V2002A%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu>
Date: 17 OCT 89 13:30 EDT
Subject: Re: The Times interview (among other things)

Hi,

     Is the Times David Sinclair the same David Sinclair of
Canterbury (i.e. Matching Mole, It's a Beautiful Day, Caravan)
fame?  If so I find it hard to believe that an innovator like
him would put down one of his brethren like that!

Re: The female Peter Gabriel
     I find KT much more like Bill Nelson in that Peter Gabriel
is much more "mainstream" (CLICHE! :-S).  For those who have
never heard Bill Nelson, try to imagine Thomas Dolby composing
with Pink Floyd and the songs sung by Roy Orbison.  He includes
a lot of diverse musical ideas and ethnic influences like KT.

Re: rec.music.misc
     How many music groups are on the internet?  Are they all
gatewayed to Bitnet?  I think nm-list is tied directly to
the server UMNEWS on Bitnet.  Is there such thing as rec.music.new
age? or rec.music.electronic?

"She has learned that short ideas repeated massage the brain" -
      Robert Ashley

Andy Wing:   V2002A%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
             not sure what gateway INTERBIT uses anymore