Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My mother and Kate.

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 89 10:58:22 PDT
Subject: My mother and Kate.

I just found out that my *mother* heard Kate on the radio in L.A.
the other day.  There's a public radio station she likes to listen to
in the mornings at work.  At ten o'clock (I think) they have a show
called "Morning Becomes Eclectic".  Normally, my mother doesn't care for
the type of music they play, so that's when she switches to a classical
music station.  Often, though, she'll listen to the opening announcement,
just to hear what they plan to play.

Well, the other day they announced that they were going to play some
tracks off Kate's new album.  Knowing what a big fan I am of Kate's, my
mother just had to listen.  They played three tracks, only one of which
I've been able to identify from her description: "Deeper Understanding".
She quite liked that one.

Too bad Andrew Marvick had to leave town just before this!

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        |  "I'll take Katie in my shelter any day"
Dept. of Applied Science   |              -- Bruce Pollock,
UC Davis/Livermore         |                 _Wilson Library Bulletin_
ed@das.llnl.gov            |    (in review of _The Dreaming_)