Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Yesterday's "New Music Wednesday"

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 89 09:06:00 PDT
Subject: Yesterday's "New Music Wednesday"

I haven't been able to get the newsfeed for 24 hours, so I'm
posting this blind.  I hope it's not redundant.  I have asked
|>oug to put me on the mailing list so that I won't have to worry
about the whims of a computer on the other side of the lab any more.

Anyway, as promised _The Sensual World_ was featured on yesterday's
"New Music Wednesday" on KITS.  They played "Deeper Understanding"
once, "Love and Anger" twice, and "Heads We're Dancing" three times.
(Conceivably, they could have played more when I wasn't listening).
Steve Masters called HWD "excellent".  So much for your theory that
this song is too controversial for radio, IED.  Actually, I don't
find it controversial at all.  Frightening, yes.  But something
frightening is not controversial unless not everybody agrees that
it *is* frightening.  I can be pretty sure that that's not the
case here.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)
Dept. of Applied Science, UC Davis/Livermore
ed@das.llnl.gov
It appears that I now can get UUNET to work. So feel free to write to me.