Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jane again

From: Marq Laube <marq@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 89 14:33:12 PDT
Subject: Jane again

Wow!  Thanks, everybody, for all the Jane response.

First, I want to ask Yong-mi to check out the unfamiliar Jane tapes.
I would definitely let go of $8.98 to hear unheard Jane...  Let me know!

Second, my housemate and I discussed tha strange country twist esp.
when compared to _The_Walking_ .  Although we had many theories
(like she's making fun of all other kinds of music), the one we settled
on was that her other albums focused on the loneliness of being in the
city, so she picked up her bags (not to mention her map) and headed
to the country--back to her roots.  And although the country is naturally
more full of life, her album still reflects wisps of her earlier loneliness.

Well, we *had* to come up with something.

Any more Jane info is always appreciated!  Keep those cards and letters,
trivia, tidbits, and interpretations coming.

Special question:  Anyone have a good interpretation for Lena is a White Table?
A friend of mine came up with a great one after I was stumped for
a long time, and I just wanted to see what others have come up with.

And, since this *is* on the KTBBoard, I thought I'd add something about
Kate.  I was slightly disappointed by the single TSW at first, but the more
I listen to it (and after reading Molly's speech), I get more impressed.

However, the lack of a theme to the album disturbs me greatly...

-Marq