Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Soundtracks

From: "The Radio Gnome" <V2002A%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu>
Date: 10 OCT 89 14:00 EDT
Subject: Soundtracks

Hi,

     Has Kate ever mentioned doing or being approached for an
entire movie soundtrack?  Not just one or two songs.
     I think Peter Gabriels soundtrack work is superb (Birdie,
Passion).
     Tangerine Dreams soundtracks have produced some of their
best music (Thief, The Keep) and their worst (Wavelength,
Risky Business) in my opinion.  BTW was the Keep soundtrack
ever released at all?  It contains pieces of Logos in addition
to some fascinating reinterpretations of Thomas Tallis' Masses
(c 15th century).  I can't find it anywhere!
     For those interested in an ethnic twist, check out the
soundtrack to "Where the River Runs Black" by James Horner.
He creates a haunting feel with his synths (Synclaviers, I think).
     Even more haunting are the soundtracks by Popol Vuh.  The
one to "Nosferatu" and "Courre de Verre" are probably their best.
I didn't think "Fitzcarraldo" was as good.
     I've been 'hounding' WXPN here in Philly about TSW and they
expect to have it in soon, so hang tight Philly love-hounds!

Andy Wing:   V2002A%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
             not sure what gateway INTERBIT uses anymore