Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (none)

From: John Precedo <jp@doc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: 9 Oct 89 20:18:58 GMT
Subject: Re: (none)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8910061118.AA16180@uunet.uu.net> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Many people won't care about the difference between Kate and
>Bon Jovi nearly as much as whether some dweeb on MTV tells them
>it's cool.  Whether Kate is on the radio a lot because she people
>recognize her godlike talent or because some dweeb on MTV told
>them she's cool doesn't matter for us.  Even if she's on there
>for the wrong reasons, at least she's there, and we can listen
>to the radio with pleasure.

HEY!!! Don't slag-off Bon Jovi! I like them too! Just because Kate's music
is the best around (or not around ;-) ) , it doesn't mean that the rest
automatically sucks. Why can a Love-Hound like Rock/Heavy Metal as well as
KaTe? There is actually some good music in there.
And a footnote to the question of literature in music - did you know that Iron
Maiden had a song based on "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner".

I don't dispute the rest of it though!

>	Steve Schonberger	microsoft!stevesc@uunet.uu.net

--John

John Precedo	|		JANET: jp@doc.ic.ac.uk
Imperial College|
Huxley Building |	...Its been such a long week...
180 Queens Gate |
London SW7 2BZ  |