Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hawkwind?!!

From: "The Radio Gnome" <V2002A%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu>
Date: 30 SEP 89 08:15 EDT
Subject: Hawkwind?!!

Hi,

     I thought that Hawkwinds tour was cancelled back in July?
WXPN in Philly was all hot about their tour and new album and
then told us that some sort of problems had arisen in DC.
     |>oug!  Did they play "Masters of the Universe", "Hurry on
Sundown" or "Uncle Sams on Mars"?  Who's in the band nowadays?
At one point in the late 70s Tim Blake was playing keys/synth.
Tim is a Gong alumni (any Gong fans on love-hounds?)
     I heard a live recording of Hawkwind somewhere in England
on WXPN back in July.  They played "Psi Power" and a few others.
They sounded great!

Andy Wing:   V2002A%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU