Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT in the South Bay

From: claris!wombat@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Scott Lindsey)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 89 16:41:34 PDT
Subject: KT in the South Bay

> Really-From: keving%gaffa.wpd.sgi.com@sgi.sgi.com (Kevin Gurney)

> Also, in what kind of record store was IED able to find his recent finds?
> I've been talking to both Towers in the south bay and Star Records in SJ
> (they supposedly specialize in imports) and these folks don't know shit!!
> "Kate Bush has a new album out?" ARGH!!

Well, Tower has been busy phasing out their CD single stock.  Mtn View Tower
"[doesn't] carry them any more" and SJ "[has] a few left" so obviously they're
not getting any new releases.  Sadly, they don't have the 12" import yet
either, but with people like us continually checking, maybe they'll get the
idea.  I've got a slightly better lead on finding the CD single.  Neither
Compact Disc Warehouse (Sunnyvale) nor Streelight (San Jose) have them yet
but both were hopeful (checking back in next week).

I've been phoning around SF trying to see if *anyone* has it in yet.  Only
one I found is Reckless Records of London (Haight@Masonic) which has the 12"
and is sold out of the CD single.  They say they'll be getting more in next
week.

To find this stuff you have to hit stores that *really* specialize in imports.
My impression of Tower & Star is that they carry some import stock, but it's\
updated infrequently and is useless for finding just-released stuff.

Scott Lindsey     |"Cold and misty morning. I heard a warning borne in the air
Claris Corp.      |    About an age of power when no one had an hour to spare"
ames!claris!wombat| DISCLAIMER: These are not the opinions of Claris, Apple,
wombat@claris.com |    StyleWare, the author, or anyone else living or Dead.