Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Special Notice

From: munnari!uowcsa.oz.au!u8530671%uowcsa.cs.uow.oz.OZ@uunet.UU.NET (Scunge)
Date: 15 Sep 89 03:52:31 GMT
Subject: Re: Special Notice
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8909130519.AA04156@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>, IED writes:
>      When the new single, _Love_and_Anger_, comes out on CBS Alternatives
> Records on October 1, EVERYBODY PLEASE GO OUT AND _BUY_10_COPIES_ of it
> immediately!
>     IED doesn't know if everybody reading this forum fully appreciates
> this, but Kate's future plans in America, as well as her new U.S.
> record label's future promotional plans regarding her new record and
> subsequent singles, AND all possibilities of a Tour of Life II, will
> LARGELY DEPEND upon RECORD SALES VOLUME.

	Bad idea, guys. For a start, buying 10 copies each, you are,
in a sense, lying to the record producers and Kate about the popularity
of her albumn. One person liking it a lot isn't the same as ten people
liking it a fair bit.

	Secondly, if the plan did work and they decided that Kate would
do a tour, it might be a financial flop because only a tenth of the people
they expected would turn up.

	It reminds me of a story that a bloke at work told me the
other day. Apparently, according to "The Bare-Faced Messiah" (which
I personally haven't read), L.Ron Hubbard commanded all his little
Scientologist to go out and buy three copies each of his "Invasion
Earth" series in one week, just to ensure that the book reached the
best sellers list.

	Something to think about, eh?

				Mark "Scunge" Wann
				u8530671@uowcsa

"I like kitties. Particularly with a white wine sauce."
	- An ogre.