Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tony Levin... / Kate's self-similarity

From: rpk@goldhill.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 89 12:52:50 EDT
Subject: Tony Levin... / Kate's self-similarity

is also on the new Syd Straw album.

He also is on some Chuck Mangione stuff from the early '70s.

I really hadn't listened to Kate's first two albums -- they're really much
better than the excerpts (taking _The Whole Story_ as a guide) imply.

Anyway, has anybody noticed similarities in one of themes of ``Kashka
from Bagdad'' and ``All the Love'' ?  I can't pinpoint it exactly, but
there's something about the chord sequences or descending intervals or
the arrangement that are similar -- I'm not talking about the
main verse/chorus parts...