Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov (Usenet news admin)
Date: Thu Sep 7 19:42:05 1989

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: The Sensual World
Date: 8 Sep 89 02:42:03 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

In the August 26 issue of _Melody Maker_, there's a little news item.
It says the usual about the album's release date of Oct. 16, and then
it says that "Top brass from EMI were invited down to Bush's country
estate to hear the final version of the album last weekend.  Insiders
report that it's 'very arty'."

Hmm.  Any comments?

Also, was I hallucinating or did I really see the following posted?

>Really-From: timelord%TARDIS.CS.ED.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu
>

>Heard this (the song, that is) on Radio One today. (A rare display of taste on
>their part.) Sounds good - strong percussive backbeat, lots of pipes, whistles
>and fiddles backing Kate's vox. The arrangements sound very ethnic - wanders
>between Arab/Jewish melodies on the pipes and whistles with Irish fiddling
>coming in later.
>
>	--Rick.

Can this be POSSIBLE???  Can they really have played the song almost two
weeks before its official release date??? I am ALREADY JEALOUS!!!

Well, we should all be hearing it soon, I hope.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov