Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Sensual World

From: timelord%TARDIS.CS.ED.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Wed Sep 6 14:58:25 GMT 1989
Subject: The Sensual World

Heard this (the song, that is) on Radio One today. (A rare display of taste on
their part.) Sounds good - strong percussive backbeat, lots of pipes, whistles
and fiddles backing Kate's vox. The arrangements sound very ethnic - wanders
between Arab/Jewish melodies on the pipes and whistles with Irish fiddling
coming in later.

BTW, a name I noticed missing on the 'what else do Love-hounds listen to'
list. Anyone out there into Annette Peacock?

	--Rick.

"We are all slaves to the ceaseless release we reach, but we never possess."
(Annette Peacock)