Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Babble-ooshka

From: ide!lofdahl@Sun.COM (Corey Lofdahl)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 89 15:13:49 PDT
Subject: Babble-ooshka

Love-Hounds:

Hate to beat this subject to death but I showed
my last trenchant insight to my Russian friend
and she corrected some of my comments.  First,
Babooshka is indeed a term of endearment, but
it is a term of endearment for one's grandmother.
So everyone is sort of right on that one.  Secondly,
as for scarfs on the head, *MARRIED* Russian women
wear these, but only the old ones actually do.
Therefore, while Babooshkas tend to actually wear
these scarfs, "Babooshka" does not mean scarf worn
on the head.

My friend also helped me to understand the Tangerine
Dream song on the album Exit or Tangram, can't remember
which one right off.  Anyway the song is rememberable in
that it has lyrics which is sort of unusual for TD.
The lyrics go "Asia, Africa, Austrialia, Europa, America,
Etizinia", or something like that.  The interesting part
is that "Etizinia" means "World" in Russian.  The rest of
the lyrics are the kind of world harmony platitudes that
one could expect from a bunch of com-simp German greens.
Anyone who is really interested can write me for full
details.

			--Corey

Q: What are the components of Natrin 100 found in Velamints?
A: 1) Activated partially hydroginated soy oil
   2) Zinc gluconate

a cheap retcyn rip-off