Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re. New music (why not?)

From: munnari!spectrum.eecs.unsw.oz.au!s8912548@uunet.UU.NET (Michael Dagn)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 89 10:56:14 AES
Subject: Re. New music (why not?)

U SAY...

>Seems like they are not at all sure about the music they play nowadays. Expect
>a big bang when the young generation grows up and forgets the radio media
>totally, and choose TV instead (MTV).
                                 ^^^
          I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE BUT LOOKING AT THE SORTS OF MUSIC SHOWS
          THEY HAVE HERE I THINK I'LL STAY WITH THE RADIO.

>Yeah, JJJ seem to be really stuck on the house and rap scenes, neither of which
>I like. And then there's Maynard...

          I HAPPEN TO LIKE RAP AND HOUSE (some of it) AND I Do hear some (not very much)
          of it played on 2JJJ.
            -- AND WHY are so many local bands playing stuff which sounds to me like
               70's CLASSIC ROCK REVISITED?   (puke!) IS IT BECAUSE THE COMMERCIAL
               RADIO AND T.V. STATIONS DON'T LIKE TO PLAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN
               THIS TYPE OF SOUND ?
               I have nothing against tha local bands but a few years ago this scene
               seemed to be far more interesting.

    - E-NUFF SAID of personal tastes -

    ***** 2JJJ have to please a lot of people with VERY different musical preferences ****

    If you want to here just one type of music all day then  I suggest you only listen
    to programs which only play that type of music. (DON'T FORGET THE PUBLIC RADIO STATIONS :-) )
    and if it does'nt exist contact someone to find out why.