Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mannheim Steamroller

From: rpandey@mist.cs.orst.edu (Rajeev Pandey)
Date: 30 Aug 89 04:44:03 GMT
Subject: Re: Mannheim Steamroller
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@cs.orst.edu

Randall Knowles Smith <rs5o+@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
> ...has put out 6 albums, called, enterprisingly enough, Fresh Aire I-VI.
> They've also put out an album called "Classical Gas" and a collection
> of redone Christmas carols.  The Christmas music is GREAT stuff for parties
			:
> to start a phrase.  Very good music to study by.  The Christmas album is
> called, I think, "A Mannheim Steamroller Christmas."  The albums all list
> Chip Davies as director/producer, I believe.

 Actually, Mannheim Steamroller has put out *2* Christmas albums, the first
 showing up in my database as "Christmas" (I don't have it on hand).

 They have also put out an album by the name of "Saving the Wildlife", a
 soundtrack to a PBS special by the same name about endangered species.

Gary L Dare <gld@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu> writes:

> You're not going to believe this (I didn't at first reading), but the
> guy behind MH is the same one who issued the single "Convoy" under the
> name C.W. McCall (i.e., Chip Davis) and started the whole truckers and
> CB radio craze of the mid-70's.

 Yep, one and the same. He is also (I seem to recall) part owner of American
 Gramaphone, the label that has put out all of the Mannheim Steamroller
 albums......speaking of C.W. McCall, has anyone _ever_ seen a CD of his?
 I would love to get anything by him on the digital medium.......

 I can't wait for the 16th of October.........

--------
Dept. of Computer Science      |      Rajeev "Raju" Pandey
Computer Science Bldg. 100     |
Oregon State University        |      Internet: rpandey@cs.orst.edu
Corvallis, OR  97331-3902      |      UUCP:     tektronix!orstcs!rpandey
(503) 754-3273    U.S.A.       |      UUCP:     hplabs!hp-pcd!orstcs!rpandey