Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: All yours, Babooshka, Babooshka, Babooshka-ya-ya

From: henrik@eddie.MIT.EDU (Larry DeLuca @ The Bandykin Server)
Date: 25 Aug 89 21:00:57 GMT
Subject: Re: All yours, Babooshka, Babooshka, Babooshka-ya-ya
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> Discussion of Certs, Babooshka, and Cabbages deleted ...

Perhaps, but taking the anthropological word of a Certs commercial seems
dangerous.

> Discussion of _Cathy Demos_ Deleted ...

Dearest Tim (and any and all others on both sides of the issue),

We have all expressed our views on the subject.  You haven't said anything
new in quite a while, and, frahnklee ohhld boy-uh, the current groove is
getting tiring.  Bear in mind that while I personally happen to agree with
your views on Copyright infringement I find petty harassment most distasteful.

> John Adams/Cage

Well, John Cage anyway did work with a number of modern dancers, most
famous of which was Merce Cunningham (who Andy Warhol, among others,
designed sets for).  Cunningham was a student of Martha Graham, dancing
with her company in the 40's, and I believe left in the 50's to set
out on his own.  In truth, Cunningham represented the third generation
of modern dancers in this country, most of them springing from
Graham or Doris Humphrey, themselves both students of the Denishawn
school at one time (started by Ruth St. Denis and Ted Shawn).

						larry...