Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KTrivia on the CBC (was Re: Reich)

From: Mark Anderson <manderso@ugly.cs.ubc.ca>
Date: 22 Aug 89 0:13 -0700
Subject: KTrivia on the CBC (was Re: Reich)

Michael Mendelson writes:
>but apparently, sometime last week, the Canadian news show
>"As It Happens" did a piece on a scientist (I don't know from where
>or who) who, using Reichian Cloudbusting-based methods, has achieved
>a rain-inducing machine which (he claims) works with 80% reliability.

On Tuesday night I happened to just catch the closing credits of "Adrienne
Clarkson's Summer Festival" on CBC TV, and something flashing by on the
screen caught my eye.  To my dismay, the TV guide revealed:

	8 p.m. Adrienne Clarkson's Summer Festival -- Clarkson's
	favourite television drama, _Song_of_Summer_, depicts the
	last days of English composer Frederic Delius.  The black-
	and-white film was produced by the BBC 20 years ago; directed
	by Ken Russell.  Film is followed by an interview with Eric
	Fenby, a young musician who went to live with Delius in 1926.

Anyone catch this?  (I missed that "As It Happens" broadcast, too!)
--
Mark