Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Last Temptation...

From: chinet!patrickd@att.att.com
Date: 18 Aug 89 23:35:48 GMT
Subject: Re: The Last Temptation...
>From: patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

There was a bunch of stuff about how someone saw the film and anxiously awaited
the sound track.  I'm just putting this here to clear that up.

Anyway, I saw the film more or less when it first came out.  I also wrote a
movie review about it (I was one of the two reporters to get hate mail, though
the other guy got it because he was a jerk).

The minute I saw that Gabriel did the music I was listening for it in the movie
and it really made the movie better for me.  I recently saw the movie again
with a woman I met here in Chicago.  Before the movie started I said to her
"Pay attention to the music.  Peter Gabriel did it and it really makes the
movie."  After the movie she says to me "I'm so glad I saw this with you.  I
was aware of the music and it really helped."

Now I've got Passion and every time I listen to it I see images from the film
and it is so powerful.  I think it was a lot better to see the film first
(though Passion can easily stand on its own, and I think it's his best work
ever).

Well, just thought I'd mention that one.
--
"I place my faith in fools.  Self confidence, my friends call it."
					-Edgar Allen Poe

Patrick Deupree -> patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us