Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Sensual World/Dave Gilmour/Sam Brown

From: Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
Date: 15 Aug 89 20:43:39 GMT
Subject: The Sensual World/Dave Gilmour/Sam Brown
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: daemon@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU

In article <8908161820.AA13283@ucscc.UCSC.EDU>, sco!scol!craig@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
wrote:
> [Stuff about Kate's albumn deleted]
>
>Now who's Alan Stivell?

	Alan Stivell is a British (?) Celtic Harp player. He has four
albumns that I know of:

	1. The Renaissance of the Celtic Harp.
	2. Celtic Symphony.
	3. & 4. I can't quite remember because I don't own either of them.

	His first two albumns were fairly traditional, but I believe
his other two have a more "New Age" quality to them. In Britain,
his albumns are distributed by Rounder Records. In Australia, they
MIGHT be distributed by Larrikin Records.

	Personally, I do like his albumns. He has a very "soft" style
of harp-playing.

	I hope that helped.

			Mark "Scunge" Wann
			u8530671@uowcsa

"There is an accidental Power on words."
	- Frank Herbert