Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wow! Lamb discussion!!!

From: munnari!yarra.oz.au!rag@uunet.UU.NET (Robyn A Grunberg)
Date: 17 Aug 89 06:08:05 GMT
Subject: Re: Wow! Lamb discussion!!!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <7051@megatest.UUCP>, Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
] Really-From: megatest!ryensen@decwrl.dec.com (Richard Yensen)
]
] From article <890809155754799.AKPG@Mars.UCC.UMass.EDU>, by Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU:

] > In fact, by the end of the recording process, the rest of
] > the band had to step in and finish up the writing of the 3rd and 4th sides
] > because PG was so strung out he practically couldn't function.
]
] According to Tony Banks, PG wrote 99% of the lyrics to "Lamb", and he may
] have felt that the band would never let him do such a thing again;

I'd have to agree with this.   The copyright on "Lamb Lies Down on
Broadway" is in the name Peter Gabriel, not Genesis.  I think Peter
would have had a hard time convincing the other members to agree to
this if they'd written half the album.

Robyn.