Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: misKellaneous sTuff

From: jsd@gaffa.mit.edu (Jon Drukman)
Date: 16 Aug 89 16:49:59 GMT
Subject: Re: misKellaneous sTuff
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: uucp@eddie.MIT.EDU

>Really-From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
>Well, I wish people wouldn't make definitive statements (Jon!) without
>knowing the Whole Story.

But |>ouglas, I _do_ know the Whole Story because (I have tried to
avoid mentioning this) I am a genuine omniscient!

>Who does Danielle Dax borrow the rhythm from?  Well, I don't know for
>sure.  I would think she has almost definitely heard "The Dreaming".

Look, I hate to repeat myself, so I think I'm going to repeat myself.
TRY THIS FUN EXPERIMENT AT HOME: sample the opening riff from "The
Dreaming."  Speed the bastard up.  Play "Hammerheads" alongside it.
THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE - the digeridu becomes an annoying insect buzz,
and the formerly thudding drums become much smaller sounding.  Unless
"Sun Arise" has digeridu and the identical drum sounds in the identical
pattern that "The Dreaming" has, there will be a noticeable difference.
Why don't you come over to my electronic lair with that Rolf Harris tape
and we'll find out whether or not it sounds like "Hammerheads" when you
jack the tempo up!

>> From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
>
>> it's okay to like madonna, jon.  really.
>
>No, it isn't!!!

You're just jealous cos Madonna like me better than she likes you.

>Honky With an Attitude,
>
>|>oug

Angst-Ridden Suburban White Boy With Attitude,

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? --------------------+
|  |   |\        | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I think quotes are very dangerous   |
| \|on |/rukman  | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  things."  -- Kate Bush              |