Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wow! Lamb discussion!!!

From: jsd@gaffa.mit.edu (Jon Drukman)
Date: 13 Aug 89 17:22:17 GMT
Subject: Re: Wow! Lamb discussion!!!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: uucp@eddie.MIT.EDU

>Really-From: megatest!ryensen@decwrl.dec.com (Richard Yensen)
>
>From article <890809155754799.AKPG@Mars.UCC.UMass.EDU>, by Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU:
>> Well, sad to say, the real truth of the matter is that no matter what you
>> read into it, "The Lamb" is basically a tour of Peter Gabriel In Heroin
>> Slumberland.
>
>It doesn't take long to find articles/interviews of PG to know that he is NOT
>a drug user. His reluctance is that his dreams and ideas are already so
>way-out that enhancing or expanding them would be terrifying.

He is NOT a drug use anymore, but he was most certainly a complete smack
addict many years ago, and particularly around the time of The Lamb Lies
Down etc etc.  Joe Turner (the original poster) is much more up on these
facts than I am, but I'm pretty sure that Mr. Gabriel was slave to the
demon needle for quite some time, and the reason his hair is very close
cropped on the cover of PGiii (the one with Games Without Frontiers) is
because he had gone through severe withdrawal and in a fit of insanity
shaved his head bald, and by the time the photo shoot came around only a
little had grown back.  Mr. Turner, step in and save my ass on this one!

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? --------------------+
|  |   |\        | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I think quotes are very dangerous   |
| \|on |/rukman  | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  things."  -- Kate Bush              |