Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tim Maroney vs IED

From: scottm@mist.cs.orst.edu (Michael Gordon Scott)
Date: 31 Jul 89 23:16:56 GMT
Subject: Tim Maroney vs IED
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@cs.orst.edu

>Really-From: tim@toad.com (Tim Maroney)

>From Marvick's most recent blathering I deduce that he has taken the
>coward's way out.  While announcing in public that he would not violate
>KT's rights, he has gone ahead and done it in private.  To his obvious
>pretense must now be added the charge of hypocrisy.

>A postscript should be added to the card -- "On behalf of all those who
>have ignored your express wishes and violated your privacy, a great big
>'Fuck You and the Horse You Rode In On'.  Kiss, kiss.".

It is unfortunate that Tim must feel so compelled to be obnoxious on the net.
It seems that he enjoys attacking others, not to prove a point, for that can
be done with more style than the above.

I have seen Tim pick net-fights in not only this news group, but 3 others, and
have been told by fellow employees that they recognise both his name, and his
habit of being the instigator of needless flame-wars on other news groups that
I do not read.  He as even gone so far as to create his own news group
called alt.maroney, so that he can further annoy fellow netters by his presence.

It is sad to see that someone who is skilled enough to create such helpful
Mac software as 'Backdrop', has nothing better to do with his time now, then to
cause so much noise on the net.

--------

Michael Scott

Internet: scottm@mist.cs.orst.edu	--Consultant/MacSupport
UUCP:	  tektronix!orstcs!scottm	--Unco System Administrator
UUCP:	  hplabs!hp-pcd!orstcs!scottm	--Assistant Student Coordinator
"The whims that we're weeping for, our parents would be beaten for.
 Leave the breast and then the nest and then regret we ever left..."
	--"All we ever looked for", by KaTe Bush