Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Y Kant Tori Read

From: Peter Woodruff <pwoodruf@ORION.CF.UCI.EDU>
Date: 19 Jul 89 05:53:41 GMT
Subject: Re: Y Kant Tori Read
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

really-really-from Ken Woodruff femto@ucscb.ucsc.edu

	I obtained (mostly illegally) a "promotional-purposes-only"
cassette of a Band/Female Vocalist name Y KANT TORI READ.  This was a new
release in I believe Winter '89 but could have been earlier.  The tape
Contains a number of vocal/piano tracks and at least one pseudo-
progressive song in three parts.  I have not seen any actual release of the
album though I have seen the promo copy in used record bins.
	The reason I am posting this to Gaffa is that the cover
reminds me intensely of Kate's Steel Bikini cover.  "Tori" appears in
uncomfortable looking armor-like dress holding a rod or sword above her
head.
	Has anyone heard this tape?
	What did you think?
	Does anyone have any history on this singer/group?
	Does anyone care that KANT is usually spelled
		with a c, meaning that this title has
		a gratuitous KT in it?

Gotta Get More Money
Gotta Get
Gotta Get There Faster
Than The Rest

--Y KANT TORI READ, The Big Picture

"If was so it could be, and if it were so it would be, but
 as it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic."  --Tweedledum