Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

*Media * Starr *

From: Randall Knowles Smith <rs5o+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 89 13:27:30 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: *Media * Starr *

Are any love-hounds out there comic book readers?

I just stopped in at my local store, and saw issues #1 and #3 of
a new comic, Media Starr  I glanced through it, the story seemed
uninteresting, so I didn't buy it--despite the fact that KATE WAS
ON THE COVER!  The cover art consisted of drawings obviously made
from Kate album covers and 7" sleeves.  According to a friend, #2
is straight out of The Dreaming.  The heroine of the comics (who, in
an interesting sidelight, does not die at the end of any of the three comics)
doesn't realy look like Kate at all, but the covers are almost exact
duplicates.   Anybody seen these, or know what the story is?  Maybe it's
legit, but I didn't see any Kate Kopywrights on the inside cover....
Randy Smith
rs5o+@andrew.cmu.edu